79,000 insurgents surrender, as troops rescue 3 more Chibok girls – Theatre Commander

79,000 insurgents surrender, as troops rescue 3 more Chibok girls – Theatre Commander

By Yakubu Uba, Maiduguri.

 

The Theatre Commander of Operation Hadin Kai, Maj.-Gen. Christopher Musa, says over 79,000 insurgents, comprising combatants and non-combatants, have so far surrendered.

 

Musa made this known in Maiduguri, while briefing newsmen on recent successes of the command.

 

Musa said that the sustained onslaught on the insurgents, via kinetic and non-kinetic approaches, had led to the mass surrender.

 

According to him, the development led to need to have additional camps in Maiduguri to accommodate the repentant insurgents, who are being sorted out to identify the combatants and non-combatants among them.

 

The theatre commander lauded the support from the public, which he described as “unsung heroes”, urging them to sustain the tempo for a speedy end to the conflict.

 

“We are really happy with the way the members of the public have been cooperating with us; they see the sincerity in what we are doing.

 

“We are committed to the human rights charter and the rules of engagement in our operations,” Musa said.

 

Also speaking, the General Officer Commanding (GOC), 7 Division, Maiduguri, Maj.- Gen. Waidi Shuaibu, said that within the period under review, three more Chibok girls were also rescued.

 

Shuaibu said that the rescued girls were Falmata Lawan, Asabe Ali and Jinkal Yama, who were on serial number 3, 12 and 20 respectively on the list of abducted Chibok schoolgirls.

 

He added that the girls were rescued separately in thevBama axis on Aug. 30, Sept. 1 and Sept. 2 respectively.

Share this post

Post Comment