World Bank-assisted CSDP constructs 45 secondary schools in Katsina State – official

World Bank-assisted CSDP constructs 45 secondary schools in Katsina State – official

Alhaji Dikko Abdul’Aziz, General Manager of the World Bank-funded Community and Social Development Project(CSDP) in Katsina State, says the organisation has constructed and renovated 45 secondary schools across the state from 2017 to date.

 

AbdulAzeez said this on Saturday when he received Alhaji Bello Kankara, the District Head of Ketare, Kankara Local Government Area of the state, who was on a “Thank-You visit” to the CSDP Office in Katsina.

 

He said that CSDP executed the projects, with a view to increasing the enrolment of children in schools in the rural areas of the state.

 

He said that 90 per cent of the projects were funded by CSDP, while the remaining 10 per cent was financed by the benefiting communities as their counterpart contributions.

 

Earlier, the district head commended the organisation for the gesture.

 

Kankara described the CSDP as an agency that was out to reduce the number of out-of-school children in the state and the country.

 

He said the organisation had constructed schools in Gundawa, Katoge, Tsamiyar Jino and Ganzamawa Tudu communities, all in his domain.

 

“Before these secondary schools were constructed, children from these villages were going to schools in faraway Kankara and Ketare, several kilometres away.

 

“Many of our children stopped attending school after their primary education, but with the new development, parents easily enrolled their children in secondary schools, which have now been brought to their doorsteps,” he said.

 

The district head also commended the CSDP for constructing health clinics, maternity and child care centres, boreholes and drainage channels in his domain and other parts of the state.

Share this post