Forum condemns hijack of #EndSARS protest in Edo

Forum condemns hijack of #EndSARS protest in Edo

The Concerned Edo Citizens Forum (CECF), a socio-political forum, on Wednesday in Benin condemned the hijack of the peaceful #EndSARS protests in Edo by hoodlums.

 

The Convener of the Forum, Mr Roy Oribhabor, also condemned the wanton destruction that characterised the protest

 

“The Forum sympathies with those who lost their beloved ones, friends and family members,’’ Oribhabor said in a statement.

 

“CECF prays to God to accept the souls of the departed persons; they are indeed our heroes.’’

 

Oribhabor commended the Edo State Government for its prompt action to stop the destruction of lives and properties.

 

He, however, urged the government to review the curfew it imposed on the state.

 

“As critical stakeholders, we, hereby, appeal to the state government to review the imposition of the curfew on the state.

 

“This is because the curfew has further aggravated the agonies of the people of Edo whose sources of livelihood had been affected by the decision,’’ he stated.

 

Besides, Oribhabor conveyed the displeasure of the CECF at the alleged killing of protesters in Lekki, Lagos State, on Tuesday.

 

“We call on all Nigerians to condemn the killings and we insist that the incident must be investigated and culprits made to face the law.

 

“We also call on youths to maintain the peace and put the protest on hold, so as to allow further discussion, negotiations and dialogue and enable government to address the fundamental issues raised,” he said.

Share this post