The Defence Headquarters says 13 suspected Boko Haram terrorists, six women and 17 children from Kodila village have surrendered to troops of 151 Task Force Battalion at Banki Junction in Bama Local Government Area of Borno.
The Coordinator of Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. John Enenche, said this via a statement on Sunday in Abuja.
Enenche said that the suspected terrorists surrendered because of sustained aerial bombardment and aggressive, intensive clearance operations by troops of Operation Lafiya Dole in the North East.
He said that the suspected terrorists and their family members, who surrendered to the troops on Saturday, had been receiving medical attention at a military medical facility.
According to him, the suspected suspects are currently undergoing thorough profiling and investigation, in line with global best practices in handling such cases.
“The Armed Forces of Nigeria and other security agencies remain resolute, determined and committed to sustaining the tempo of the operations,” Enenche said.